Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bowling, Drinks, and a Taco Bell Wedding





(To read the picture caption and the article, click to embiggen!)

Friday night was one of those adventures that seem to happen when I'm around. *bows* Thank you, thank you, it's a talent. :)

It started off with bowling at Circle Lanes with Dana and Jim, the two coolest coworkers a girl could have. Mind you, I am the world's worst bowler. We bowled three games and my scores were: 104, 83, and 65. Yeah, I get progressively worse the more games I play. Didn't help that I was drinking and laughing; mostly, it was the laughing that made me chuck my ball into the gutter. I stand by my theory that booze improves my aim. :)

Our names:
Jim: "SETHSVOICE"
*Jim's voice sounds almost exactly like Seth Rogen, it's freaky. Jim's personality is pretty close to his, as well, which makes for a good time.
Kristine: "NUPRIN"
*Little. Yellow. Different.
Dana: "CHASEBANK"
*Apparently, she has a side business at Chase Bank providing services to her own clientele. Haha, I don't know. :)

We then continued on to Maggie Miley's in "Uptown Normal" where we continued our boozy evening. Upon sitting, we noticed a girl wandering around in a dress that can best be described Prom Dress 2005. It was hot pink/fuschia with a v-neck that had a rhinestone embellishment at the end. The hem was like an upside down V with a flounce-y, ruffled hem. She was then dubbed "The Girl in the Slutty Red Dress".

Dana next ran into a friend who told us that she just came back from a wedding at Taco Bell! The media was all over this story, with both WEEK 25 doing a news feature and Pantagraph having a story in their paper the next day (see above). Jim, Dana, and I thought this was way cool and loved the story; random dude at the bar thought this was the worst idea ever. Fucker. His idea of a good time is probably sitting at home with a cup of real decaf while watching the U.S. House of Representatives channel.

I also ran into my buddy, Raleigh, who was still nattily dressed from his shift at Bachrach. Of course, he was en route to a group of girls. ;)

Next up was the one. The only. Mr. Paul Brooks! *applause, screams*. I worked with Paul at Hobby Lobby and the first memory I have of him is him asking me to be in his zombie movie. Because I only met the guy two days before, I politely declined. This movie later became the totally awesome Late Afternoon of the Living Dead. It has made the rounds in various indie film festivals and is incredibly well done. Watch it and be forever changed. :)

Anyways, it turns out, Jim knew Paul from high school. Paul is, as Jim put it, "his hero in high school" and hadn't seen him since then. It was a grand ol' reunion. :)

Paul then told us he just got married that day. At Taco Bell!!!! So now Dana has a connection to Paul as well! I'm not surprised. I'm convinced that everyone in B-N is somehow connected to Paul Brooks. :) This is a small world we are living in, friends.

He then proceeds to say "Meet my new wife. Wow, it's still weird to say!" and gestures toward a blond girl behind him. Which turns out to be the girl whom we had dubbed "The Girl with the Slutty Red Dress". Jim, Dana, and I all looked at each other with the same expression: "Holy crap" and "Wow, I feel really bad". :)

Caragh (pronounced "KAH-RAH") turned out to be this really sweet girl who moved from Australia and met Paul through an internet dating site (not eHarmony :)). She has the coolest accent, of course. :)

Our evening commenced with more drinking, PrimeTime Pizza for Dana, and Jim serenading us with "Hard to Handle" by the Black Crowes. Awesome.

Best. Night. Ever. Can't wait to do it again.

-Stinkier, happy.


P.S. - Click here to see the article plus the picture in color on the official Pantagraph website.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home