Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pigeon Walking


I somehow messed up my back on Friday. It started out as a dull pain that flared up only when I bent over, but by the end of the night, it hurt to even walk. Funny thing is, I have NO idea how it happened. My personal theory is that Tony gave it to me (since we all know back pain is contagious), because he's been nursing a bad back for the past three weeks. The pain is located right at the base of the spine so, being the big baby that I am, I simultaneously curse and cry whenever I move the slightest inch.

Tony's been really sweet, though. Since his pain is not as severe, he's taken over the household duties and letting me watch the entire third season of Arrested Development. And, we've been playing "old people tag" throughout our "enormous" apartment; it's basically chasing each other at the pace of old people. Funny and painful all at once.

I also walk like a pigeon. I've been wishing I could walk differently then my normal walk for a really long time. The phrase "Be care what you wish for" has never rung truer. I now shuffle along super slowly while carefully placing one foot six inches directly in front of where it previously was. For some reason, this causes me to bob my head like a pigeon. This is probably because my torso is remaining completely stationary but, since I'm not keeping my neck stiff, my head moves around at its own leisure.

I look mighty ridiculous walking around.

So, I'm still sitting on this couch with the heating pad shoved directly above my bum and taking Excedrin every few hours. I think I'm getting bedsores and creating a permanent divet in the cushion. The pain is gradually decreasing, so I'm hoping that I'll be fully recovered in a few more days.

-Stinkier, in pain. >:-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home