Friday, December 26, 2008

Christian Bale: Dr. Batman?

Christian Bale as Sam


Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne



I just finished rereading Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously, by Julie Powell. It's really good, I highly recommend it. Anyway, she mentioned that one of her favorite movies is Laurel Canyon.

I looked up the freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes and one of the reviews written when it was first released jumped out at me:

No matter how many times she pushes her specs up her nose Beckinsale is never going to be believable as a nerd. Bale as a psychiatrist: it’s easier to envisage him as Batman.
~Annette Dasey, Teletext. 11/14/03


I bet it's easy to picture him as a psychiatrist now.

-Stinkier, amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home