Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah!


Above: Hannah and I at her sister's wedding
Below: Hannah, circa 1996? 1997?


I first met Hannah at Asbury United Methodist Church (now defunct) during Sunday school. She and I had the same 80s permed hair, it was awesome. Oh man, if I had a picture of us with permed hair, I would totally scan it in.

All of us Sunday school girls were friends and stuck together. We were all total nerds and decided to form a book club. We called it 'CHIBYY' which was an acronym of the first letters of our last names stuck together. We were the coolest! :) We also all came up with our own personal symbol and penned this into the books that we lent each other. I was apparently technologically advanced because my symbol was the "@" symbol back in 1992. :) I didn't even know how to pronounce it; I remember just calling it a swirly A.

Anyways, I digress...

Hannah is always a fun girl to be around. From learning how to properly throw a football to learning how to do the H.O.T.-"Candy" dance, she taught me so much about life and friendship while growing up. I, in turn, have had the joy of watching her grow into a mature young woman while still being the tomboy that I remember from Sunday school. I imagine that she is now a fantastic teacher whom all her students adore. :)

One interesting (well, I find it interesting :)) fact about Hannah is that she played basketball in high school even though she is about the same height as the rest of us vertically gifted Korean girls. I always thought that was the coolest thing ever and totally awesome that she showed everyone that you don't need to be a giant to play a giant's sport.

So, happy birthday, Hannah! I hope that this year gives you many blessings and happiness!

-Stinkier, with love.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home